Software Engineer and Web Developer
Passionate, driven full stack web developer and software engineer. Experienced problem solver and systems architect specialized in data-driven applications and backend development.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Ruby on Rails
- REST APIs
- Styled Components
Shift Lab (May, 2017 - Present)
Developer, Lead Developer
As a developer at Shift Lab, I work closely with a wide variety of clients to provide support, make architecture recommendations, and create unique web experiences. In April, 2018 I accepted a position as a Lead Developer and began leading development teams on primarily React and Node.js projects.
- Maintain and support inherited Rails and React codebases
- Provide DevOps and architecture support and consulting
- Create detailed technical proposals and system engineering documentation
- Design and implement a large scale "replatform" for breastcancer.org with tools like Contentful, Node.js, Auth0, GraphQL, and Discourse
Clipper Magazine (March, 2015 - May, 2017)
Web Development Intern, Backend Web Applications Developer, Lead Backend Developer
I started at Clipper as an intern during my time at Millersville University in March, 2015. Initially I worked mostly on some automated email and reporting technologies within our C#/.NET project. In early 2016 I accepted a position as the Lead Backend Developer. I led development efforts on a custom Email Service Provider using a microservice architecture, Node.js, Docker, and AWS. I also implemented a third party content integration using Node.js and MySQL, and a Rails 5 API serving an Ember.js frontend for an email marketing platform.
- Maintain and iterate on a C#/Webforms codebase
- Implement and architect REST API's in Rails and Node.js
- Implement a microservice-oriented Email Service Provider with Node.js, Docker, and AWS
- Work extensively with Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
- Perform extensive code review, implement development standards, and manage Git repositories
- Participate in and drive architecture and solution engineering discussions
The Webstaurant Store (December, 2014 - February, 2015)
I worked as an intern over my winter break in 2014-2015 for the Webstaurant store in Lititz, PA. A Clark Associates company, Webstaurant is an e-commerce company that sells restaurant supplies and equipment. As an intern on a large team of developers, I worked primarily with the site's admin/CMS creating reports for internal use.
- Coldfusion, MSSQL, HTML, CSS
- Create custom reporting/CMS tools for marketing and content employees
Millersville University IT Dept. (December, 2013 - December, 2014)
Student IT Worker
While I was in school, I was employed as a student worker by Millersville's IT department. I performed a number of duties under the university's technology staff.
- Repair, clean up, and troubleshoot student computers
- New equipment setups, faculty technology repairs, troubleshooting, etc
Millersville University of Pennsylvania
B.S Computer Science 2011-2015